Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Travel Hair Ramble

Nexxus Therappe Luxurious...In about two weeks I'm going to Tennessee to visit my grandma for spring break. I'm so excited! I keep thinking about what I'm going to do to my hair though! I can't bring something big because I'm going to be flying by air and I can't take huge bottles with me. Since there's a Walgreens right up the street (thank GOD!) I'm going to go there for hair supplies. I'll only need to get small things since I'm only going to be there a week. Online, Walgreens carries Nexxus Humectress travel size shampoo and conditioner, and I would like to try that. The ingredients are full of silicones and things I can't pronounce, but I still want to try it. I mean, I'll only use it once or twice while I'm there.

Then again, do I even need to buy the Nexxus shampoo? Can't I just co-wash twice? Something to consider..


As far as moisturizers go I'm so confused! I'm not sure what to do! I can only bring 3 ounce bottles on the plane and everything I own is around 8. I know they sell small containers that you can pour your personal care items into, but what if the person checking my bag doesn't believe me? Okay, that's silly. But I guess I'm going to have to try to take some with me. Just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I can slack on my hair care.


Oils? My grandma cooks a lot so I'm sure she'll have some extra virgin olive oil laying around. She'll look at me funny for putting it in my hair, but that's okay.


I hope Walgreens has some coconut milk. I was at the grocery store today and noticed coconut juice and milk sitting next to each other on the shelf. I looked up coconut milk and saw some people deep condition with it. I don't know..it just sounds interesting to try.


Tennessee Hair Regimen (may change):
Sunday:
deep condition with Nexxus conditioner for a looong time! (to make up for not pre-pooing)
wash with nexxus shampoo
use what ever moisturizer I take as a leave in.
air dry


Thursday:
deep condition with Nexxus conditioner
rinse
leave in
air dry


every night: moisturize (may not seal)

No comments:

Post a Comment