Friday, March 25, 2011

100th Post..Vent/Rant

I'm frustrated. It's my sixth month of being on a hair journey and I have seen no real progress. My hair looks the same. Same length. Same health. Yea, it's softer. But my goal isn't to have soft hair. I want long, thick, healthy hair. I've spent so much time researching new products, watching YouTube videos, trying to learn new things to incorporate into my regimen to grow my hair. Nothing has worked. What's the point of spending all this time, effort and MONEY if I'm not getting results?

In the last week, I've watched two people say how easy healthy hair is.
1. Ulovemegz.
Her video was about how it's impossible to fail a hair journey. She pretty much said all you need is knowledge and to be consistent. I HAVE! Don't get me wrong-I love her and her videos, but if that's true, why haven't I reached shoulder length yet? SHOULDER LENGTH!! When most people start their hair journey, the start around shoulder length. I, however, am not even close. I know a lot more about hair now than I did before. I take care of it a lot better. I wash it consistently, don't use heat, use enough moisture, but I am still  and forever will be at neck length. Ugh.

2. Shilinda1.
She said if you're washing it, conditioning it, and moisturizing it, then your taking care of it. I CAN'T TELL! I'm doing all of that twice a week or more, and can't tell the difference between my hair before compared to now. Why should I continue on my hair journey? Why should I spend so much money and waste so much time on something that's not doing anything? Pointless. I could have my hair straight right now but NO! I'm walking around with ugly ponytails for no reason. Heat/No heat. Mineral oil/ no mineral oil. Moisture/no moisture. My hair is going to do the same thing.

...mad.

1 comment:

  1. dont give up hun!
    im on my hair journey as well and i started at shoulder length
    i was my hair either once a week or once every two weeks
    cowash dosent work for me my hair dosent like it
    i know its frustrating when your doing everything right, which takes times and money and your not seeing any progess. Just dont give up :)

    ReplyDelete