Saturday, March 19, 2011

Next Target: Dandruff

Okay, so now I've found a good shampoo and conditioner for me, now I have to tackle another issue: dandruff. I've been dealing with dandruff for a while, since before my hair journey in September 2010. I thought taking care of my hair would also fix my dandruff problem.  Well nope, it didn't. Ever since last salon visit, I've been thinking about dandruff. I co-washed on Thursday and since then my scalp has been soo itchy! I never had a problem with an itchy scalp before, only flakes.

I know the only way to have healthy hair is to start with a healthy scalp, and since my scalp is obviously not healthy, neither is my hair. Which, I think, is one reason why my hair hasn't been growing the way I think it should. (I stopped posting length check pictures, I don't see the point if it's not growing)

In order to make your scalp healthy, it has to be clean. Simply put, my scalp is not clean. I always put oil directly onto my scalp. When I didn't do that on Thursday's co-wash, my scalp has been itching ever since. Also, I've never clarified my hair. Yea, I know. Terrible. Tomorrow's wash I'll clarify my hair with the sample-size 1st lather shampoo that came with the Keracare kit. That'll completely strip my hair of all the oils and build up of products that I've been causing.
Not getting rid of all the oils and products can accumulate on your scalp making it dirty. AKA, in my case, causing dandruff.

so, I guess I'm on the hunt for a dandruff conditioner for co-washes.
(can't use keracare dry and itchy scalp, contains mineral oil)

No comments:

Post a Comment