Monday, March 14, 2011

Best. Wash. Day. Ever.-Keracare

Today I washed my hair. (I normally wash it on Sunday, but I had to work an eight hour shift so I didn't want to)

I used Keracare's Sulfate Free Detangling shampoo and conditioner.(I'll tell you how I got that in a later post, It's not allowing me to upload pictures.) OMG I loved it! My hair is super soft!

Sequence of Events:
I came home and put Suave almond and Shea butter into my hair for a prepoo with out adding any oils. While I was waiting to get into the shower, I read the back of the Keracare bottle. It said to leave it in for 15-20 minutes. For a moment I was confused on what to do since I already DC with Kenra for at least 45. It wouldn't make since to prepoo, wash, put conditioner into my hair, get out the shower, wait 15-20 minutes, rinse that out, then add Kenra. So instead I rinsed the out the suave, then put the keracare conditioner into my hair for about 40 minutes. (LOVED IT!)

Since I just got a relaxer I think it's necessary to add some protein into my hair. I used Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructer. And I DID NOT KNOW that mineral oil is the fifth ingredient on that bottle! I guess at the time I bought it, I figured since everybody else used it, it didn't have mineral oil in it! #WRONG! Trust me, It's in the trash can now. I've learned my lesson.

Anyways, Then I used the Keracare shampoo. It was really good. My hair didn't feel super moisturized like it did with the herbal essences, but it was super soft, detangled, and didn't feel stripped at all. Also, it's really runny. Which can kind of be a good thing because I don't have to use a lot.

Then I deep conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I only added rosemary and eucalyptus oil to it and it was the best DC I've had since being on my hair journey. Literally.

Do I love my new products? Absolutely.

NOTES:
-I thought I was going to either continue to use Herbal essences until I ran out, but then I thought about it and figured-"why should I continue to torture my hair with silicones and parabens when I have a good quality shampoo and conditioner right there? So I threw out the shampoo and will use the conditioner as a co-wash.

-Can't wait to see what my hair is like when I'm a few weeks post! Will the detangler in the shampoo/conditioner detangle my new growth too?

-I'm going on a trip in two weeks so I can't take my kera care or kenra on the plane. So I'm going to get these small Nexxus Humectress and Therappee for the plane ride. I've wanted to try it since Megan has been raving about it, and it's the perfect excuse to use it!

- I love Keracare. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment