Thursday, February 3, 2011

NO HEAT!

It's no secret that heat is bad for your hair. I learned how to do braid outs just so I won't 'have' to use heat anymore. It's not only that I don't want to use heat on my hair anymore, but I also am tired of wearing my hair straight.  I've been wearing my hair for the same exact way basically since 10th grade. (except those few months I had braids.) Now I'm bored with straight hair and I'm ready to experiment. I learned how to do braid outs better so I'll start wearing my hair like that for a while. Well, actually until April 1st since today I joined a no-heat challenge.
The rules are simple:
No heat. (unless DC).

Well, that sounds simple, but I have to alter the rules slightly for myself. The only time I can use heat is when I'm doing a roller-set saran wrap method. Which is okay because it's still not direct heat and I don't plan on wearing my hair straight that often anyways.

I have done braid outs before in the past, (when my sister braided my hair), so I know that they only last a few days. To keep up with my style I guess I'll have to start co-washing. And since I'm co-washing, I don't think I'll need to DC for as long as I was. Instead of DC for 2 hours once a week, I'll DC for 45 minutes-1 hour twice a week.

By the end of this challenge, I expect my ends to look better, hair to be longer and overall healthier.

Note:
When I get my next relaxer in March, instead of getting my usual wrap, I'll get 3-4 braids to the back so I won't cheat in my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment