Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lovin my Hair!- Updates

I'm still using the Herbal Essences Reconditioning Shampoo and conditioner and still loving it! NOW that I bought it about three weeks ago, Target has it on sale 2 for $5 for the regular sizes and $5 for the bigger sizes. UGH! That sucks! lol. I'm not going to buy it because something I've learned on my HJ is not to buy things in bulk. I really enjoy trying new things but I can't if I have a full bottle of an old product laying around.

Bantu Knot
This picture is not me-
I know her curls were GORGEOUS after this
Example: I bought a Herbal Essence LTR leave-in a few months ago when I already had one at home (it was the same 2 for 5 sale at Target). Then I decided to stop using it regularly because I figured out it was protein, so now I have 1 1/2 bottles n my room collecting dust. Also, I have 1 1/2 tubs of Lustrasilk sitting in my cabinet and I can't stand that now! So I'm just going to continue to stick with buying my products 1 at a time. (even though I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be switching shampoo/conditioners any time soon)

I was thinking about doing a 'wet wrap' to get my hair straight- from what I understand it's just washing your hair, putting wrap lotion in it, wrapping your hair, and sitting under the dryer for a while. I decided against it because I said I would use NO form of heat (including indirect), I really like the way curly hair looks on me; but its been such a hit/miss. Bantu-knots look terrible after a few days and my braid outs are okay sometimes, but their always really cute when someone else braids it the night before. (I can't keep pestering my mom/sister to do my hair though) So that's the only reason why I want to straighten my hair other wise I would rock curly hair everyday!

My hair has been feeling super soft lately, I'm not sure if its the no heat or the products I've been using, but I'm loving it and noticing growth. If I don't reach shoulder length by April I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been babying my hair so much and never had any huge set backs, but gosh it's taking a long time to get to where I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment