Friday, September 24, 2010

HJ- FINALLY got my relaxer todayy! And SALONS DON'T MAKE YOUR HAIR HEALTHY!

AHHH! i finally got my relaxer today! yayyy! i got there at about 4 and ain't leave until 9:30. but it was worth it b/c my hair is cute! I even used a silk elements relaxer so its like i'm still on the Silk Elements regimen when I go to the salon. (SEMS relaxer w/ shea butter in normal- brown tub) My hair is super soft and 'like silk'- but i don't think I would use that relaxer at home b/c it BURNS so bad. I didn't itch my too much for it to burn that bad. but 8/10 times i go to the salon for relaxers any ways so its not that big of a deal. I just got a trim and a simple wrap- I used to get detailed styles but then I figured out that wraps are easy to take care of b/c all you have to do is wrap it at night and it'll look good. But styles with twists and curls and lots of hair spray don't last as long when you go to sleep. Now its time for an 8 week stretch! And I said before that I thought my hair grew, after the trim its about the same length but thats okay b/c it'll benefit me in the long run!

P I C T U R E S ! :

look at them roots! lol




cute lil flip!
Salons Don't Make Your Hair Healthy (well, not all of them):

All of the salons I've been to (including the one that did my relaxer) focus mainly on looking nice instead of healthy hair. Like I've never been to a hair salon and the stylist used a heat protectant. And they use a lot of gel in the hair that can eventually break it off. (another reason why I only get wraps) Just b/c you come in with broken off hair and leave with it looking shiny and what-not doesn't mean your hair is healthy. They just are trained to make it look that way. So if you come in with unhealthy hair, you're still leaving with unhealthy hair. It just looks better.  (if you put a dress on a pig, its still a pig). I used to think going to the salon would make my hair healthy, but the only way to know for sure that your hair is at its peak health is if you take good care of it at home as well. Not that salon is a terrible place, but it definantly isn't want you want to rely on to make sure your hair is healthy.  I'm not saying that all salons are aimed for looks instead of heath, b/c i haven't been to all of the salons. But out of the ones i've been too, this is what I think.

-I'm still going to MS my hair, but i'm going to use very little SAO (b/c its a light oil) and use very little moisturizer (HE LTR).
-SEMS- silk elements mega silk
-SAO- sweet almond oil
-HE LTR- Herbal Essences long term relationship leave in conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment