Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HJ and maybe a skin journey too? hmm...

Hair Journal:
I continue using the HBHO- now I use it as a sealant as well as a HOT and in DC's. It actually makes my hair really soft. I also love it because it doesn't weigh down my hair.

Skin:
basically, I've had acne since 4th grade. I haven't really gotten into trying to get rid of it since 8th grade. What really worked for me at one point was stridex, but its so hard to find that i can't use it. So then i started using clean and clear products, and they were good but they never completely got rid of it, some but not all. Now I'm using an olay cleaner and i don't really like it. So I'm going to try clean and clear again. Right now all I'm doing is cleaning and moisturizing, although i know i should use a toner. I can't find one that has consistently good reviews though. (I only use drugstore brands) And lately I've been wanting to use get a facial (one i could do at home) or a face mask.

So trying not to buy hair products have been easy b/c I've been so focused on my skin. I found something I'm interested in (Boots Botanicals at target), but its out of stock so I'll have to wait for it to come back.

And now that Sephora is coming to my local JC Penny's, hopefully I'll find some high-quality cheap stuff there.


IDK if i really want to start a 'skin journey', but i know that I'm going to have to change to some things if i want an improvement.
What I want to get is:
A good toner
a good mask/facial that i could do at home
find ingredients to avoid in skin care.

No comments:

Post a Comment