Monday, September 13, 2010

Hair Journal- Hot Oil Treatments

I decided instead of pre-pooing my hair I would do a hot oil treatment. And I would save some of the hot oil (about 1/4) and mix it into my DC (along with other oils). That way my hair will be better moisturized and softer than it was the last time I washed my hair. I can't do that this weekend b/c I'm going to get a relaxer at the salon.(about 9 weeks post) So next week i'll do that and see how it goes.

When I do my HOT, i will apply 3/4 of the HOT in my hair as directed, then massage it into my scalp for 1 minute. (Leaving the remaining 1/4 in the hot water) After that I'll sit under the dryer for about ten minutes with a plastic cap on. Lastly I'll walk around the house w/ the shower cap on until my hair cools and wash as normal.

To mix the DC:
-take the Silk Elements Mega Silk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise and put some into a butter tub.
-put the HOT into it.
-put other oils into it. (not sure which yet)
-mix and apply to hair
-sit under dryer for at least 30 minutes
-rinse out

No comments:

Post a Comment