Friday, September 10, 2010

Hair Journal: Pantene Curly Hair Series- Dry to Moisturized Review.

A few weeks ago my mom signed up to recieve a freebie of pantene shampoo and conditioner in the mail. So we recieved a small sample sized and I used it to wash my hair once i took my braids out. It made my hair SUPER soft. But.. I did notice that I used the conditioner more than I used the shampoo. (I had my eyes closed and didn't realize I was using conditioner instead of a shampoo--so I conditioned my hair about 4 times and washed w/ shampoo twice)

-It did make my hair soft, but it didn't detangle at all.
-The smell was decent- it didn't stink, but it wasn't scented.
-I don't think theres any mineral oil in it.


On another note, I've decided to try coconut oil instead of jojoba oil. I think it'll help my hair just as well but its less expensive and you get more product. So I'll wait until I run out of jojoba oil until I get the coconut oil. (unless it goes on sale :) ) Another reason I want to try coconut oil is because it helps with dry hair. specifically dandruff. when I took out my braids I noticed A LOT  of dandruff. I don't see it any more now (weird) but it could've went away since I started moisturizing and sealing.

Also, I've tried moisturizing and sealing for the first time this week. I've noticed that my hair is a lot shiny-er even after doing it for only 1 night it was a lot shiny-er. It also feels soft but that could just be the shampoo and conditioner. When I run my fingers through my hair, my hands feel oily. not greasy and nasty though. I guess this is normal for M&S'd hair? And I don't understand people who can M&S their hair twice a day, If i did that then it would be sooo greasy-Mc-nasty. But i guess that's for people with thicker/longer hair.

I also learned this week that it is important to have a hair goal. I want to go as far as i can and still maintain it- hopefully bra strap length by Dec '11. (maybe that's wishful thinking, but I think I can do it)

And lastly, I learned that i don't have to get my hair trimmed every time i get a relaxer at the hair salon, just to 'listen' to my hair and wait until I need a trim or to get dusted.

GOOD YOUTUBE VIDEOS FOR HEALTHY HAIR:
(don't underestimate youtube now, they got some really good people on here with really healthy hair that are helping me with my hair journey and they can help you too!)

-Tips for achieving long healthy hair during your hair journey- by tiondrab
-healthy hair tips- by omgitsvictoriaxd
-almost any video by ulovemegz
-Hairlicious Inc: My hair care journey- by HairliciousInc

No comments:

Post a Comment