Sunday, May 1, 2011

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo Review

Hey! I know it's been a while since my last post, but I'm going to get back on track soon.

I just used Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo for the first time. I was hoping that it would help me with my dandruff. Normally I like to use products more than once before reviewing, but I've already made my verdict on this product:

I hate it.

Why? Because it sucks! That's Why!
But to be more detailed and less elementary about why I hate this product, it's actually a few things that I dislike.

1. Smell:
It smells like a typical essential oil. Personally I don't like the potent smell of essential oils. While I was in the shower, the smell was so strong that it started to burn my eyes. I really don't judge the quality of a shampoo/conditioner on how it smells, but this was unbearable.
2. Stripping:
My hair was so dry after using this. Before hand, my hair was really soft and moisturized. After using this it just felt dry and didn't move at all. Similar to protein overload.
3. Tangled my hair:
Like always, I detangled my hair before I washed it. After using this my hair was super tangled. I tried running my fingers through it to get rid of some of the tangles, but my fingers wouldn't budge. I had to use my detangling comb under running water get all of the tangles out.
Before purchasing this, I read a lot of reviews and everyone loved it. So, I'm on the hunt for another dandruff shampoo.

Ingredients:
Water Aqua , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Oleamidopropyl Betaine , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Mentha Piperita Oil Peppermint , Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil Tea Tree, Linoleamide DEA , Cocamide DEA , Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl , PG-Propyl Dimethicone , Hedychium Coronarium White Ginger , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Algae , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Anthemis Nobilis Chamomile , Henna , Simmondsia Chinensis Jojoba , Rosmarinus Officinalis Rosemary , PEG-Dimethicone , Lavandula Angustifolia Oil Lavender.

The ingredients seem okay. The bolded items are things that I know for a fact are bad for your hair. The other things I'm not so sure about, but I can't really pronounce most of the ingredients which, in my opinion, is not a good sign.

*I'm returning this to the salon I bought it at.
*I followed up with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
*I didn't buy the conditioner.
*Cost me $11.39

No comments:

Post a Comment