Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Impression: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum


Master Cuts salon is having a buy one get one half off of Paul Mitchell styling products right now. When I bought the PM tea tree special shampoo, I also got a small bottle of the Super Skinny Serum to try out. I really like it. I use it right after I get out of the shower and put one pump through out my hair. When my hair air dries, it feels super soft compared to when I didn't use it.

Claims:
Basics: Smoothes, conditions and seals strands.

Benefits: Leaves hair smooth, shiny and frizz-free in any weather.
Bonus: Speeds up drying so you get silky smooth results in less time.


My hair is super soft after using it, but it still frizzes so that part, for my hair, isn't true.
I did notice that my hair didn't take the usual 2 hours to air dry though.

Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11 15 Pareth 7, C12 16 Pareth 9, Trideceth 12, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Limonene

Pretty much it's full of silicones, parabens and preservatives which are all bad for your hair. Because of the amount of silicones, I'm not surprised it made my hair feel so soft.

I'll figure out if I want to repurchase when I'm done with the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment