Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seventeen Magazine Fitness Schedule.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was trying to get into shape. 17mag just came out with a new 6-week fitness routine that I'm going to give a try. So far what i've been doing is cardio and yoga. Doing yoga is a good way to slowly bring your heart rate down and still work out. For cardio, one day I took my dog for a walk for about 15 minutes. Yesterday It was raining so I ran inside with the Wii Fit for 10 minutes.
What I like about this routine is that it's different from the other 'routines' i've tried. Most times i would get on the floor and do a lot of crunches then turn over and do some pushups and that would last me less than ten minutes. But this routine tells me how long to do things for so my work outs aren't as short and useless.
The hardest thing about working out for me is pushing myself. If I'm doing crunches or pushups and something starts to hurt i'll stop and give myself a couple of seconds to rest instead of working through the pain. Working through the pain is what usually gets you the results you want and thats something I'm going to work on.

Fitness Tip:
Your abs are just like your biceps: to make them stronger and tighter, you don't need to do 500 reps. Instead, try grabbing a 3-5lb weight. Place behind your head or on your chest and do one set of eight to fifteen sit-ups, working up to more sets as you get stronger.

fierce&&love!

No comments:

Post a Comment