Monday, January 24, 2011

blue magic?

I was browsing YouTube (as usual) and I came across a woman talking about weight loss. I thought she was interesting and had a good weave. I watched a couple of her other videos and found out that she also talked about hair and makeup as well, like the other people I like to watch on YT. Then I came across a video and she was talking about her hair. I found out a couple of things:
1) that wasn't a good weave, it was her actual hair!
2) Her hair didn't start to grow until she started using blue magic. AKA grease. AKA petroleum. AKA exactly what I've been trying to avoid the whole entire span of my hair journey!

Once she said that I felt an emotion. I'm not sure what emotion it was.
Maybe I was feeling confusion. How did her hair grow that long when there is so much science saying how bad grease is for your hair? What about it blocking moisture from your hair?
Maybe I felt jealous. I used blue magic a few years ago faithfully. Why didn't my hair grow like hers did? How come I never made it past neck length and she appears to be at bra strap length?

Whatever emotion I was feeling was most likely a combination of the two, but either way I figured out the answers to my questions. It's not something I didn't already know.
What works for one person doesn't work for everybody.
A lot of people LOVE Wave Nouveau finishing lotion as a moisturizer. I hate it.
Some people think jojoba oil is the best thing known to man. For me, it was just..eh.
Every body's hair is unique to that person. She has found the key to her hair growth, just like I need to figure out mine. And I will. It obviously wasn't Silk Elements. Or Aphogee. But it is something else. I just need the patience and drive to grow my hair and it will happen. Trust me.

(another thing she said was that she used absolutely NO heat at all. That is one of my goals so I've been practicing braiding my hair..I'm definantly getting better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment