Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Youtube Talk. (ramble...again)

Sooo... I want to make consistent videos. Trust me. I do. But it's hard when I don't do anything that is super innovative that works for me. I've noticed that the people I tend to watch (and other people enjoy watching)are more  'jack of all trades', if you will. Or a triple threat: Makeup, Hair, Fashion. And their all extremely good at what they do. I guess my channel will be based more on me learning about my hair and learning how to do makeup. (I hate my second video... 'black and gold look'..just because its not 'me'. I rarely wear makeup with color in it. I'm more of a neutral girl.) I'll soon be introducing a segment called 'Watch me Grow'. These will be random vlogs about my hair and how it's doing and the changes I'm considering making with my hair care. Another segment will be 'Tuesday Tips' (or tips for your Tuesday..a pun for a penny for your thoughts..which do you prefer?) which will be me doing a random tip about hair, nails, makeup, life, fashion, ect! (pretty much w/e I feel like talking about) I hope to do tips that aren't redundant. Something most people haven't heard of or techniques that will help people. (ooooo! I just thought of another one! two minute Tuesday! the video will be around two minutes long and have a tip and a quick explanation of why/how it works!)

I want my channel to be my channel. So I plan on making videos about whatever I want to talk about. But since I started my channel being about beauty, I almost feel constricted into only making hair videos, I'll have to make a random video soon so I won't feel trapped into doing a 'beauty only' channel.

Another thing: makeup tutorials are hard! I didn't think they would be that hard but they are! The problem may partially be my camera, but makeup tutorials aren't my 'thing' so I'm not going to buy a new camera just to make videos that I don't even enjoy watching myself.
All this has to be perfect in order to have a successful makeup tutorial:
Lighting: when I try to do a tutorial, the lighting always sucks, so the makeup looks washed off and not there. You can barely see the colors. Especially since I'm into neutral colors so it blends into my skin tone. On top of that, people aren't even into neutral looks. People seem to want over-the-top colors and boldness that I'm just not into for an everyday look. And then I'll try to take pictures and the flash washes out the colors once again. If I turn off the flash then you can't see it.
Makeup/Skill: I don't want to do makeup tutorials just because, especially since I don't really have the skill set yet to be putting my makeup looks out there yet. If someone wants to watch a makeup tutorial, they obviously want to watch someone who is better than them, not just 'okay'.
Editing: A lot of tutorials have a lot of editing, even people who don't edit their other videos a lot edit their tutorials. (ulovemegz for example) I don't have any editing software that works with my camera. (iPod touch 4th generation)
Angle: The viewers obviously have to be able to see what you're doing when you're doing the makeup. I'm still trying to find places around the house with good lighting and that I can prop my iPod up so everyone can see what I'm doing.

As far as hair tutorials, I never do anything particularly interesting or different when I do my hair. I always wear it in a basic 3-5 styles.

Bottom Line: YouTube has been kind of frustrating so far. :\

1 comment:

  1. i so feel you girl!! i feel the same EXACT way!! I have some videos up as well. BETTADENAYELLA. just look it up, it will pop right up. those are the videos i have as of now and you will see i struggle with the same things as you. Just put videos of whatever you want, truth be told it sounds to me like you can have a very good channel anyways. i like it already. :) hope you like mine. personally for me i believe that we dont have to be gurus, we dont have to do certain things that are hot so everyone can like us, just do you and it will fall into place. :)

    ReplyDelete