Friday, November 12, 2010

3 month length check, haul, reviews


hair as of 10/08/2010


hair growth as of 11/08/10
about to take a shower to wash my hair
 this is my 'new' hair growth. honestly, my hair doesn't look any longer than it did last month. but i will say that my ends look a lot better and I haven't even cut them yet.

HAUL:
this week i got anxious and got the aphogee stuff any ways with out waiting to run out of the SE stuff. I got:

-Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair
-Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
 (already had the Aphogee green tea and keratin reconstructorizer)
*and the non-aphogee stuff
-lustrasilk Shea butter mango cholesterol plus
(all costing $16.42 at my local beauty supply store)

REVIEWS:
A. Shampoo:
LOVE IT! its the first shampoo that made my hair feel this soft at home. I only did one wash because that's what the bottle says to do b/c it has so much protein in it. Next time i might do 1 1/2 wash. (just using a small amount of shampoo for the second wash) I like this shampoo because my hair feels clean afterwards, but doesn't feel stripped of moisture or super dry.
A. 2 minute:
I love this too! it made my hair feel softer! I wasn't sure what a 'reconsturctor' was, but its basically the conditioner that goes along with the shampoo. I put a lot of it in my hair, massaged it in then put my plastic cap on for 2 minutes. When it was rinsed out it felt super soft!
Lustrasilk Mango:
eh.. extremely disappointing. I used this as a DC (with out any oils added to it), and it took away all the softness the aphogee products gave me. I got this because I heard a lot of people using it and loving it. Also, its featured on hairlista's top 10 must have beauty products. I got it but it wasn't as wonderful as i hoped. I didn't use any oils or conditioners mixed into it but i will the next time and hope for the best.

I'm loving aphogee so much, I'm thinkin about getting the aphogee  pro-vitamin leave in conditioner too!
I also want to try ORS replenishing pak. (i already tried this before- before i started my hair journey- and i think i liked it but I'm not sure)

Next Friday i'll be the 8 weeks post and I'm excited to get my relaxer! my NG is out of control and it needs to be tamed. lol. If i could find a way to make my NG lay down flatter, then i would stretch for longer but since i can't i won't. I'm supposed to get a relaxer next Friday, but since I have to work I'll get it done on that Saturday after I get off.  :)


Problem with Aphogee:
The future problems I see with aphogee are:
Aphogee is high protein:
A lot of people had to eventually stop using aphogee because it has such a high protein content. Protein will dry out your hair and make it hard if you don't use a good enough moisture-protein balance. (to be explained in a later post) I do a lot of things to my hair that adds moisture (DC, M&S, leave ins, etc). But still fear that it will be too much protein. But if it is, I can use a moisturizing shampoo/ conditioner every now and then to make sure it doesn't happen. (aphogee already makes one just for this occasion.)
Aphogee is for 'damaged hair':
Aphogee is specifically for 'damaged hair'. what happens when my hair isn't damaged any more? What products will i switch too after that? I don't want to rely on aphogee to always make my hair great because one day it won't be necessary. Everybody I watch on YouTube eventually switched off of aphogee to different products. (Ateyaaa switched to NuGro, omgitsvictoriaxd switched to Garnier Fructis then to Aussie, etc.) Does it matter if its for damaged hair or healthy hair?

Short term hair goal:
by the end of the year I hope to be full shoulder length. At the latest, by 1/31/2011 to be full SL.
Long term hair goal:
bra strap length by December 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment